History of Islam in America
Denise Spellberg and Kambiz Ghaneabassiri were interviewed about the history of Islam in the United States. This interview took place at the 2014 meeting of the Organization of American Historians in Atlanta, Georgia.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kambiz Ghaneabassiri Associate Professor Reed College->Religion and Humanities
- Steven Scully Host C-SPAN
- Denise Spellberg Associate Professor University of Texas at Austin->Middle East Studies
More Videos From
Historian Interviews - 2014 OAH Annual Meeting
- History of Islam in America
- Abortion and the Evolution of the Religious Right
- Civil War Scholarship
- Treament of Disabled People in the U.S.
- 1960s-Era Counterculture
- History of the Coca-Cola Company
- U.S. Fugitive Slaves in Mexico
- Organization of American Historians Outgoing President
- Organization of American Historians Incoming President
- 50th Anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act
- President Johnson and the Great Society
Treament of Disabled People in the U.S.
Michael Rembis and Audra Jennings talked about the history of the treatment of disabled people in the U.S. This…
Alice Echols and David Farber talked about the 1960s counterculture. This interview took place at the Organization…
History of the Coca-Cola Company
Professor Bartow Elmore talks about the history of the Coca-Cola Company. This interview took place at the…
Organization of American Historians Incoming President
Professor Patricia Limerick spoke about her goals as the incoming president of the Organization of American…