Legal Representation for Hispanic Immigrants
Hispanic legal advocates talked about difficulties related to providing undocumented immigrants with effective representation. Among… read more
Hispanic legal advocates talked about difficulties related to providing undocumented immigrants with effective representation. Among the issues they examined were people offering fraudulent legal services and hospitals deporting immigrants who cannot afford to pay for medical care.
This forum was part of American University’s Washington College of Law’s Hispanic Law conference on legal issues facing documented and undocumented immigrants. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ofelia Calderon Attorney American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Jonathan Greene Chair (Former) Maryland State Bar Association->Immigration Law
- Matthew Handley Director Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs->Litigation
- Manuel Leiva President Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- Fernando Rivero President Hispanic Bar Association of Washington, D.C.
- Anne Schaufele Staff Attorney Ayuda Immigration Services Organization
- Zuraya Tapia-Hadley Director U.S. Mexico Foundation->Communications
More Videos From
American University Washington College of Law: Hispanic Law Conference
Immigration System and the Hispanic Community
Legal advocates talked about the impact of the U.S. immigration system on the Hispanic community. Topics included…
Newsmakers with Senator David Vitter
Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Ranking Member David Vitter (R-LA) talked by video link from Capitol Hill…
Mayor Phil Gordon talked by remote video from Phoenix, Arizona, about the city’s economic and political…
Henry Paulson on the Chinese Economy
Former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson talked about the Chinese economy at a Center for Strategic and International…