Affordable and Accessible Health Care, Industry Panel
Health care industry executives and officials talked about the effect of the Affordable Care Act on the U.S. debt and deficit. The… read more
Health care industry executives and officials talked about the effect of the Affordable Care Act on the U.S. debt and deficit. The also discussed improving the quality and accessibility of health care. They all acknowledged that the law was in need of fixes and that no one yet knew if it would lower costs, but they also agreed that it should not be repealed. They said the ACA’s goal of accessibility had been achieved because people who previously did not have health insurance now had it.
This panel was the first part of “The Future of Affordable and Accessible Healthcare,” a session of the Committee for Economic Development’s 2014 Spring Policy Conference at the Willard InterContinental Hotel. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Angela F. Braly Chair, President, and CEO (Former) WellPoint
- Helen B. Darling President and CEO National Business Group on Health
- Raymond Gilmartin Chair and CEO (Former) Merck and Company
- Alan Murray President Pew Research Center
- Steve Odland Chief Executive Officer Committee for Economic Development
- R. "Tim" Timothy Rice Chief Executive Officer Cone Health
- Ronald A. Williams Chair, President, and CEO (Former) Aetna, Inc.
More Videos From
Committee for Economic Development Spring Policy Conference: Health Care
Affordable and Accessible Health Care, Congressional Panel
Former and current members of Congress talked about the future of the Affordable Care Act. Topics included…
Expatriate Health Care Legislation
Cristina Marcos talked by telephone about the Expatriate Health Coverage Clarification Act. The legislation being…
Robert Laszewski on Health Care
Robert Laszewski talked about issues related to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and offered his…
Affordable Care Act Implementation
A panel of policy experts talked about the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. They discussed efforts to…