Representative John Delaney (D-MD) spoke at a Brookings Institution event on infrastructure spending and ways to fund the maintenance of… read more
Representative John Delaney (D-MD) spoke at a Brookings Institution event on infrastructure spending and ways to fund the maintenance of American roads, bridges, and public transportation. He talked about his bill that would finance the highway trust fund through tax code changes. Following his speech, panelists talked about their work on infrastructure modernization. They also responded to questions from members of the audience.
This event marked the conclusion of Infrastructure Week 2014. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John K. Delaney U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Bruce Katz Vice President & Director Brookings Institution->Metropolitan Policy Program
- Greg Kelly Global Chief Operating Officer Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Dan Kinkead Director Detroit Future City
- Robert J. Puentes Senior Fellow and Director Brookings Institution->Metropolitan Infrastructure Initiative
- Eric Shaw Director Salt Lake City Corporation->Community and Economic Development
- Shin-Pei Tsay Director TransitCenter->Research and Development
- Shalini Vajjhala Founder and CEO re:focus partners
Funding of Infrastructure Projects
Panelists testified on ways to fund national infrastructure needs and the proper role of the federal government in…
Manufacturing Industries Job Growth
Panelists talked about bolstering job growth in manufacturing industry. Topics included corporate tax rates,…
Advanced Industries and Exports
Panelists talked about increasing U.S.advanced manufacturing and exports.
This program was part of a Brookings…
Secretary Bryson on U.S. Economic Competitiveness
Secretary of Commerce John Bryson talked about the competitiveness of the U.S. economy. He said the country is…