Senate Hearing on Housing Nominations
The Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Development Committee heard testimony from Housing and Urban Development secretary nominee Julian Castro, and Federal Housing Finance Agency inspector general nominee Laura Wertheimer.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sherrod Brown U.S. Senator [D] Ohio
- Julian Castro Mayor San Antonio, TX
- Bob Corker U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Michael "Mike" Crapo U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Tim P. Johnson U.S. Senator [D] South Dakota
- Bob Menendez U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Jack Reed U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Richard C. Shelby U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Jon Tester U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- Pat Toomey U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Mark R. Warner U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
- Laura Wertheimer Attorney
Newsmakers with Secretary Julian Castro
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro talked about the Obama administration’s housing policy,…
Secretary Lew on Homeowner Assistance
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced the extension of the “Making Home Affordable” program for at least…
HUD Secretary Julian Castro on Housing Policy Priorities
Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Julian Castro outlined his priorities and his vision for the…
Home Ownership in the U.S.
Lawrence Yun talked about the state of the U.S. housing market following a 3.3 percent drop in home sales in April…