Border Security Spending Legislation
The House Rules Committee met to consider an emergency supplemental spending bill addressing security issues at the U.S.-Mexico border. The House delayed its August 2014 recess in order to debate the revised bill.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Luis Gutiérrez U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Alcee L. Hastings U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Nita Lowey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Jim McGovern U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Jared Polis U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
- Harold "Hal" Rogers U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
- Pete Sessions U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Louise Slaughter U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Rob Woodall U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
Border Security Spending Legislation Rules
The House Rules Committee met to consider a same-day rule for considering H.R. 5230, an emergency supplemental spending…
Representative Session on Immigration
Representative Pette Sessions (R-TX) spoke to reporters about immigration, urging President Obama to not take executive…
Former Governor Pete Wilson talked about “Illegal Immigration: Past, Present, and Future.” In 1994,…
House Final Debate on Border Security Bill
The House debated H.R. 5230, a $694 million border security spending bill.