Border Security Spending Legislation
The House Rules Committee met to consider an emergency supplemental spending bill addressing security issues at the U.S.-Mexico border. The House delayed its August 2014 recess in order to debate the revised bill.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Virginia Foxx U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Robert "Bob" Goodlatte U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
- Luis Gutiérrez U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Alcee L. Hastings U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Nita Lowey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- James "Jim" McGovern U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Jared Polis U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
- Harold "Hal" Rogers U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
- Peter "Pete" Sessions U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Louise Slaughter U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Rob Woodall U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
Border Security Spending Legislation Rules
The House Rules Committee met to consider a same-day rule for considering H.R. 5230, an emergency supplemental spending…
Members of Congress, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez, and public policy experts talked about U.S. immigration policies and…
Former Governor Pete Wilson talked about “Illegal Immigration: Past, Present, and Future.” In 1994,…
House Final Debate on Border Security Bill
The House debated H.R. 5230, a $694 million border security spending bill.