Future of Iraq
A panel of academics discussed the future of Iraq after the new wave of violence from ISIL* threatened security in the country, including… read more
A panel of academics discussed the future of Iraq after the new wave of violence from ISIL* threatened security in the country, including the Kurdish region, disrupted politics, and threatened many minority ethnic and religious groups. They also discussed Turkey’s perspectives on the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), energy issues, minorities, and Iraq in general.
The event “Turkey, Iraq, and the Kurdistan Regional Government” was held at the Wilson Center.
*The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), a militant group that seized several cities in northern and western Iraq. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dlawer Ala'Aldeen Founding President Middle East Research Institute (Erbil, Iraq)
- Bulent Aras Global Fellow Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars->Global Europe Program
- Saban Kardas President Center for Middle Eastern Strategic Studies (Ankara, Turkey)
- Christian F. Ostermann Director Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars->Global Europe Program
- Ali Resul Usul President Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs->Center for Strategic Research
- Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars | Middle East Program
- Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars | Global Europe Program
European Union Economic Policy Priorities
Panelists talked about the future of the European Union and its policy priorities for the European economy, energy…
Turkey's Role in Combating ISIS
Steven Cook talked about Turkey’s role in the fight against ISIS* militants in Iraq and Syria. *The Islamic State…
Military Operations in Iraq
Marine Corps Brigadier General Kevin Killea, chief of staff for the Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent…
Book Discussion on Invisible Nation
Quil Lawrence talked about the status of 25 million Kurds in Iraq, Syria, Iran, and Turkey. He focused on their…