Pesticides in Food
The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment heard testimony on pesticide residues in foods.
People in this video
- Baxter, Diane Staff Scientist National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides
- Early, Jack President American Crop Protection Assn
- Fuquay, Claudia Director United Fruit and Vegetable Association->Congressional Relations
- Gardner, Sherwin Vice President Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Graham, Lawrence Executive Vice President National Food Processors Association
- Hathaway, Janet Senior Project Attorney Natural Resources Defense Council
- Kuwano Hinkle, Maureen Director National Audubon Society->Agricultural Policy
- Maslyn, Mark Assistant Director American Farm Bureau Federation->National Affairs Division
- Meier, Michelle Counsel Consumers Union->Government Affairs
- Roberts, Pat U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- Wood, Stephen Executive Director New England Fruit Growers Council on Environment
Nutrition Information & Food Labeling
Guests discussed FDA label policy reforms and what information needs to be included on food labels.
Health Effects of Lead - A.M.
The subcommittee held a hearing on dangerous levels of lead in housewares.
Only a portion of this hearing was broadcast.…
Safety of Pesticides Used on Fruit
The guest represents a group that has issued a report critical to the EPA on this subject.