Pesticides in Food
The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment heard testimony on pesticide residues in foods.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Diane Baxter Staff Scientist National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides
- Jack Early President American Crop Protection Assn
- Claudia Fuquay Director United Fruit and Vegetable Association->Congressional Relations
- Sherwin Gardner Vice President Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Lawrence Graham Executive Vice President National Food Processors Association
- Janet Hathaway Senior Project Attorney Natural Resources Defense Council
- Maureen Kuwano Hinkle Director National Audubon Society->Agricultural Policy
- Mark Maslyn Assistant Director American Farm Bureau Federation->National Affairs Division
- Michelle Meier Counsel Consumers Union->Government Affairs
- Pat Roberts U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- Stephen Wood Executive Director New England Fruit Growers Council on Environment
Nutrition Information & Food Labeling
Guests discussed FDA label policy reforms and what information needs to be included on food labels.
Health Effects of Lead - A.M.
The subcommittee held a hearing on dangerous levels of lead in housewares. Only a portion of this hearing was broadcast.
Safety of Pesticides Used on Fruit
The guest represents a group that has issued a report critical to the EPA on this subject.