Beverage Container Recycling
The committee heard testimony on state beverage container recycling programs. Specifically, the committee heard testimony on S. 2335,… read more
The committee heard testimony on state beverage container recycling programs. Specifically, the committee heard testimony on S. 2335, legislation that would increase the number of beverage containers to be recycled in the U.S. from representatives of the recycling and beverage industries, and state recycling program administrators. close
People in this video
- Birmingham, Susan Lobbyist U.S. Public Interest Research Group->Environmental Issues
- Chakola, Peter Chairman Chakola Beverages
- DeWoolfson, Bruce Chairman Envipco
- Franklin, Patricia Director Container Recycling Institute
- Henry, Paul B. U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- Jeffords, James U.S. Senator [R] Vermont
- Lomax, Geoffrey Scientist National Environmental Law Center
- Moore, Peter Representative National Soft Drink Association
- Partridge, Jack Vice President Kroger Company
- Roy, Natalie Administrator Glass Packaging Institute->Legislative Affairs
- Young, Carolyn Administrator Portland, OR->Environmental Quality
The participants announced their awards for excessive and wasteful packaging for consumer products.
Use of Recycled Materials
The committee met to discuss the National Recyclable Commodities Act of 1989.
Federal Agencies and Recycling Programs
Witnesses testified about recycling programs at federal agencies and about purchasing goods made from recycled products.