Manufactured Housing Safety Standards
The subcommittee heard testimony from housing industry officials and federal and state administrators on federal standards for… read more
The subcommittee heard testimony from housing industry officials and federal and state administrators on federal standards for prefabricated housing. Manufactured housing was used to house people in Florida and Louisiana whose residences were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew earlier in the year. The subcommittee also heard testimony on the use and regulation of manufactured housing in Florida after the disaster. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Esther Tess Canja Representative American Association of Retired Persons
- Ken Cashin President Florida Manufactured Housing Association
- Jerry Connors President Manufactured Housing Institute
- Arthur Hill Commissioner Department of Housing and Urban Development->Housing
- Edward Hussey Representative Association for Regulatory Reform
- James McDonald Professor Texas Tech University
- James Phillips Director Missouri Public Service Commission->Manufactured Housing
- Peter Sparks Professor Clemson University
- Leonard Wehrman Representative National Fedn. of Manufact. Homeowners
- Henry B. Gonzalez U.S. Representative [D] Texas
U.S. Housing Policy
The subcommittee heard testimony from Secretary Cisneros on proposals for housing programs operated by the Department…
HUD Budget for Fiscal Year 1991, Part 1
The subcommittee heard testimony regarding HUD’s 1991 budget request.
Fire Safety in Multi-Family Housing
Subcommittee members heard testimony regarding home ownership issues.