Rebuilding Inner City Communities
The Senate Banking Committee and the Local Initiatives Support Corporation co-sponsored a hearing on proposals to rebuild the… read more
The Senate Banking Committee and the Local Initiatives Support Corporation co-sponsored a hearing on proposals to rebuild the nation’s inner cities. Witnesses included media observers and municipal officials, who spoke on social and economic proposals for reviving the economy of urban centers. Members of the panel responded to questions from members of the audience following their prepared remarks. close
People in this video
- Grogan, Paul S. President Local Initiatives Support Coalition
- Hernandez, Colleen Executive Director Kansas City Neighborhood Alliance
- Michetti, Felice Commissioner New York, NY->Housing
- Peirce, Neal Editor National Journal
- Roldan, Paul Executive Director Hispanic Housing Development Corporation
- Stanley, David Chief Executive Officer Payless-Cashways, Inc.
- Sviridoff, Mitchell Professor New School University
The committee heard testimony on methods to revitalize American cities, including initiatives to solve the…
Secretary Kemp testified to the needs of inner cities for both social and jobs programs.
State of Urban America
The committee heard testimony on the condition of American cities and proposals to improve the lives of urban…
Mayor Dinkens testified about the need for community revitalization in inner cities through social programs and…