Environmental Issues and Base Closings
The commission heard testimony from representatives of branches of the U.S. armed services and environmental groups on the environmental… read more
The commission heard testimony from representatives of branches of the U.S. armed services and environmental groups on the environmental impact of the recently announced round of base closings during one of a series of hearings on military base closures. Issues raised during the hearing included environmental cleanup of closed bases and the environmental effects of chemical warfare. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Peter Bowman Member Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- James "Jim" Andrew Courter Chairman Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- Gordon Davidson Director Environmental Protection Agency
- Scott Fulton Administrator (Acting) Environmental Protection Agency->Enforcement
- Arthur Levitt Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- Edward Martin Member Hazardous Materials Ctrl Research Inst
- Thomas McCall Staff Member Environmental Protection Agency
- Patrick Meehan Director Department of Defense->Environment
- Elsie Munsell Deputy Assistant Secretary U.S. Navy
- Richard Newsome Analyst U.S. Army->Environment
- Peter Tunnicliffe Member Hazardous Waste Coalition
- Gary Vest Deputy Assistant Secretary U.S. Air Force->Environmental Affairs
Environmental Impact of Base Closings, A.M.
After returning from a series of regional meetings concerning military base closures, members of the Defense Base…
Military Base Closings Part 2
The commission heard testimony from logistical and production personnel from the Department of Defense on the recently…
Military Base Closings
The commission heard testimony from General Accounting Office officials concerning a GAO report on the list of U.S.…
Military Base Closings Part 1
The commission continued to hear testimony from its own staff members on the third of five days of final deliberations…