Workers Pension Benefits
The subcommittee heard testimony from Department of Labor and Treasury officials and representatives of the Pension Benefit Guaranty… read more
The subcommittee heard testimony from Department of Labor and Treasury officials and representatives of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation on the status of the self-funded corporation created by Congress to insure the private pension plans of American workers. Issues raised in the hearing included the financial status of the corporation, the corporation’s two billion dollar deficit in 1992, and the stability of private pension plans for American workers in the future. close
People in this video
- Blum, James Director (Acting) Congressional Budget Office
- Delfico, Joseph Director General Accounting Office->Human Resources
- Flowe, Carol Connor General Counsel Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Hardock, Randy Staff Member Department of the Treasury->Office of Tax Policy
- Libowitz, Alan Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Labor
- Slate, Martin Executive Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
Health of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
Mr. Slate spoke to a convention audience on the economic status of the Pension Benefit Guaranty…
Waste and Fraud in Federal Programs
The committee heard testimony on the issues of waste and fraud in the federal government. The General Accounting…
Federal Pension Reform Hearing
Committee members met to discuss the administration’s proposed reform of the federally insured pension benefit…
Changes to Retirement Savings Plans
Witnesses testified on the pros and cons of available current retirement savings plans. They focused on…