State of Urban America
The committee heard from administration officials, members of Congress, and local officials on the state of American cities, concentrating… read more
The committee heard from administration officials, members of Congress, and local officials on the state of American cities, concentrating on proposals to revive the economically moribund sectors of America’s cities and provide economic opportunities for urban Americans. close
People in this video
- Cisneros, Henry Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Curtis, Lynn President Eisenhower Centennial Foundation
- Harris, Fred R. U.S. Senator (Former) [D] Oklahoma
- Mack, John President National Urban League->Los Angeles, CA
- Waters, Maxine U.S. Representative [D] California
- Watson, Jo Ann Nichols Executive Director NAACP->Detroit, MI
Presidential Economic Proposals
The prepared remarks of Secretary Cisneros and the committee members were released to the press.
Secretary of HUD Confirmation Hearings
The committee heard testimony on the confirmation of Mr. Cisneros to head the Department of Housing and Urban…
Community Development Banking Legislation
The committee heard testimony on community development banking legislation.
Fair Lending Laws
The committee heard testimony concerning racial and ethnic discrimination in mortgage lending practices.