Community Development Initiative
Legislators and administration officials testified about the president’s plan to encourage lending institutions to lend money to small business entrepreneurs. Secretary Brown spoke via satellite.
People in this video
- Bentsen, Lloyd Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Bradley, William "Bill" Warren U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Brown, Ron Secretary Department of Commerce
- Espy, Alphonso "Mike" Michael Secretary Department of Agriculture
- Ludwig, Eugene "Gene" A. Comptroller of the Currency Department of the Treasury
- Newman, Frank Staff Member Department of the Treasury
- Rush, Bobby U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
Community Block Grants
The witnesses testified concerning community block grants and the administration’s desire to help inner cities.
Small Business Issues
The committee heard testimony on a number of small business initiatives.
Banking Regulatory Consolidation
Treasury Secretary lloyd bentsen testifies before the Senate Banking Committee to discuss the administration’s…
Native American Issues
In his meeting with American Indian and Alaska Native tribal leaders today at the White House, President Clinton spoke…