The Senate considered the nomination of William Rehnquist to be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
Note: This is an incomplete session.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert C. Byrd U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Dennis DeConcini U.S. Senator [D] Arizona
- Robert "Bob" Joseph Dole U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- PETER H. DOMENICI U.S. Senator (Former) [R] Colorado
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- John Melcher U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- James "Strom" Strom Thurmond U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
The Senate Impeachment Trial Committee heard testimony from Judy Ahlstrom and Jerry Watson in the proceedings against…
The Senate conducted Morning Business.
Claiborne Impeachment Proceedings
The Senate Impeachment Trial Committee heard testimony from defense witnesses in the case against Judge Harry Claiborne.
The Senate voted on S.5234 and H.R. 5234. They debated H.R. 3622, H.R. 5175 and the William Rehnquist nomination to be…