This was the first U.S. Senate session aired by C-SPAN. The Senate conducted Morning Business and recognized the presence of cameras in the chamber.
People in this video
- Cranston, Alan U.S. Senator [D] California
- Dole, Robert "Bob" Joseph U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Domenici, Pete V. U.S. Senator [R] New Mexico
- Glenn, John Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Ohio
- Gore, Albert "Al" Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Tennessee
- Hatch, Orrin U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Heflin, Howell T. U.S. Senator [D] Alabama
- Kennedy, Edward "Ted" M. U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mathias, Charles U.S. Senator [R] Maryland
- Melcher, John U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- Pell, Claiborne U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Proxmire, William U.S. Senator [D] Wisconsin
- Riegle, Donald Wayne Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Stafford, Robert T. U.S. Senator [R] Vermont
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Wilson, Pete U.S. Senator [R] California
After Morning Business, the Senate debate and votes to override the President’s veto of the arms sales to Saudi…
The Senate approved H.R. 3838 - the Tax Reform Act of 1986. The Senate debated amendments to H.R. 1483 - Smithsonian…
Part of the June 25, 1986 session of the Senate.
Note: This program is currently incomplete.
The Senate invoked closure on the nomination of Daniel Manion to the 7th Circuit Court.
Note: This is an incomplete…