Public School Funding
The subcommittee heard testimony from city officials and school administrators on funding for public schools on the federal, state and… read more
The subcommittee heard testimony from city officials and school administrators on funding for public schools on the federal, state and local level, and the role of the federal government in funding levels for American public schools. Issues brought up in the hearing included funding equity between local school systems and the use of property taxes for school funding. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kern Alexander Professor Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
- Xavier Becerra U.S. Representative [D] California
- Joseph Fernandez President Council of the Great City Schools
- Marilyn Gittell Professor City University of New York
- Marilyn Morehauser Administrator Education Law Center, Inc.
- Joe Nathan Senior Fellow Humphrey (Hubert H.) Institute of Public Affairs
- Paula Prahl Member Minnesota Business Partnership
- Kurt L. Schmoke Mayor [D] Baltimore
- Bill Taylor Attorney District of Columbia
- Paul Simon U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Paul Wellstone U.S. Senator [D] Minnesota
U.S. Education Funding Issues
The subcommittee heard testimony from U.S. college administrators and finance officials on how higher education…
Politics, Markets & America's Schools
Participants in a forum discussed a report released today on the success of educational reform efforts and a proposal…
National Endowment for the Arts Funding
The committee heard from a number of people in the art world and from representatives of consumer groups. At issue…
Excellence in Education
Subcommittee held hearings on S. 695, to promote excellence in American education by recognizing and rewarding schools,…