Participants discussed environmental problems in minority regions throughout the country. This “environmental racism” promotes health problems within minority communities because of the proximity to industrial dumping grounds.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Deborah Alex-Saunders President Minority Environmental Association
- Elizabeth Bowen President Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Eva Clayton U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Harold Freeman Associate Director National Cancer Institute->Racial Disparities
- Clarisse Gaylord Director Environmental Protection Agency->Equity Office
- Kenneth Olden Director National Inst. of Environ. Health Sci.
- David Satcher M.D. Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bobby Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- Theodore "Ted" M. Shaw Associate General Counsel NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Magdi Soliman Physician Florida A&M University
- Louis Stokes U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Bailus Walker Professor University of Oklahoma->Health Center
- Luther Williams Associate Director National Science Foundation->Education and Human Resources
Minority Health Care Issues
Presidential Health Care Proposal
Opening a series of panels on health care and African-Americans, members of the caucus made their opening comments…
Agriculture Department Loan Discrimination
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum in which they heard black farmers tell of Agriculture Department…
Black Indigent Health Care
The Congressional Black Caucus held a hearing on health care for the poor. Witnesses included representatives from…