National Service Ethic
The participants discussed the creation of a national service ethic in this country. This forum took place before Congress passed the National Service Act.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Coles Professor Harvard University->Psychiatry
- Elaine R. Jones Deputy Director NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- John F. Kennedy Jr. Son
- Charles Royer Director Harvard University->Institute of Politics
- Eli Segal Director White House->Office of National Service
- Dorothy Stoneman Founder and CEO YouthBuild USA
John F. Kennedy Museum Dedication
President Clinton, Senator Kennedy, and Ms. Schlossberg spoke at a ceremony dedicating the John F. Kennedy…
Technology and Presidential Campaigns
The speakers discussed the role of technology in presidential campaigns.
Education, Training and National Service
Senator Wofford, Secretary Reich and Mr. Segal spoke in a panel discussion on how to best prepare the workforce…
Congressional Legislative Agenda
Senator Kennedy, chairman of the Senate Labor Committee, spoke to an audience attending a union legislative conference…