U.S. Economic and Environmental Issues
In their second meeting, council members discussed how to promote economic development while preserving the environment. This 25-member council is made up of business leaders and cabinet secretaries.
People in this video
- John Adams Executive Director Natural Resources Defense Council
- Richard Barth President CIBA-GEIGY Corporation
- Ron Brown Secretary Department of Commerce
- Carol M. Browner Administrator Environmental Protection Agency
- David Buzzelli Vice President Dow Chemical Company
- Benjamin Chavis Jr. Executive Director NAACP
- Richard Clarke Chair Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Kenneth Derr President and CEO Chevron Corporation
- Thomas Reilly Donahue Secretary-Treasurer AFL-CIO
- Judith Espinosa Secretary New Mexico->Environmental Affairs
- Albert "Al" Gore Jr. U.S. Vice President United States
- Jay Hair President and CEO National Wildlife Federation
- Samuel Johnson Chairman Johnson and Son, Inc.
- Frederic Krupp Executive Director Environmental Defense Fund
- Madeleine M. Kunin Deputy Secretary Vermont
- Jonathan Lash President World Resources Institute
- Kenneth Lay Chairman and CEO Enron Corporation
- Kathleen McGinty Deputy Assistant White House->Office of Environmental Policy
- Molly Olson Executive Director President's Council on Sustainable Dev.
- Michele Perrault President Sierra Club
- William D. Ruckelshaus Administrator (Former) Environmental Protection Agency
- Ted Strong Executive Director Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Cmsn.
- Timothy E. Wirth Undersecretary Department of State
North American Free Trade Agreement
Senators Baucus and Chafee called a news conference of environmental leaders in support for the North American Free…
Global Environment Briefing
Vice President Gore and other Administration officials briefed the media today on GLOBE, a program to link students in…
Earth Day Briefing
Vice President Gore briefed reporters on a new administration initiative to preserve U.S. national parks as part of an…
Earth Day Rally
On Earth Day politicians, celebrities and activists held a rally on the Mall to raise awareness of environmental issues.