Members of the Telecommunications Policy Roundtable spoke about the need for advancements in telecommunications technology to make life easier for those who need assistance throughout the country and the world.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Elaine Albright Representative American Library Association
- James Ferguson General Counsel American Civil Liberties Union
- Mary Gardiner Jones President Alliance for Public Technology
- T. Andrew Lewis Executive Director Alliance for Community Media
- Kathryn Montgomery Co-Founder Center for Media Education
- Marc Rotenberg Director Computer Professionals for Social Resp.
- Paul Schroeder Representative Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- Linda Tarr-Whelan Executive Director Center for Policy Alternatives
Online Marketing and Advertising
Participants briefed reporters on online marketing and advertising practices which companies use to target…
The committee heard testimony on H.R. 1304, the Telephone Advertising and Consumer Rights Act, and H.R. 1305, the…
Cellular Telephone Number Privacy
Witnesses testified before the committee about cellular telephone communications. They discussed signal…
Protecting Telephone Call Records
A hearing was held titled, “Phone Records for Sale: Why Aren’t Phone Records Safe From Pretexting?”…