Deficit Reduction Proposals
Representatives Penny and Kasich introduced a bipartisan package to make additional cuts in the federal budget and reduce the budget deficit. Ms. Rivlin outlined the president’s opposition on a number of these cuts.
People in this video
- Penny, Timothy J. U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- Rivlin, Alice M. Deputy Director Office of Management and Budget
- Allard, Wayne U.S. Representative [R] Colorado
- Beilenson, Anthony U.S. Representative [D] California
- Kasich, John R. U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- McMillan, J. Alex U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Pomeroy, Earl U.S. Representative [D] North Dakota
- Price, David E. U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Sabo, Martin Olav U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- Shays, Christopher U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Stenholm, Charles W. U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Woolsey, Lynn U.S. Representative [D] California
Retirement Party for Tim Penny
The participants spoke at a retirement party for Tim Penny who was first elected to Congress in 1982 and will be…
Balanced Budget Issues
The participants discussed the status of federal budget negotiations.
Penny-Kasich Deficit Reduction Amendment
Rep. Penny and others spoke to reporters about losing the vote today on the Penny-Kasich Amendment to further cut…
Federal Budget Proposal
The representatives discussed their FY-1994 budget cutting proposal.