Deficit Reduction Proposals
Representatives Penny and Kasich introduced a bipartisan package to make additional cuts in the federal budget and reduce the budget deficit. Ms. Rivlin outlined the president’s opposition on a number of these cuts.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Timothy J. Penny U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- Alice M. Rivlin Deputy Director Office of Management and Budget
- Wayne Allard U.S. Representative [R] Colorado
- Anthony Beilenson U.S. Representative [D] California
- John R. Kasich U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- J. Alex McMillan U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Earl Pomeroy U.S. Representative [D] North Dakota
- David E. Price U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Martin Olav Sabo U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- Christopher Shays U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Charles W. Stenholm U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Lynn Woolsey U.S. Representative [D] California
Retirement Party for Tim Penny
The participants spoke at a retirement party for Tim Penny who was first elected to Congress in 1982 and will be…
Balanced Budget Issues
The participants discussed the status of federal budget negotiations.
Penny-Kasich Deficit Reduction Amendment
Rep. Penny and others spoke to reporters about losing the vote today on the Penny-Kasich Amendment to further cut…
Federal Budget Proposal
The representatives discussed their FY-1994 budget cutting proposal.