Television Coverage of Presidential Campaign
Media experts evaluated the media coverage of the 1988 presidential campaign. The panel discussed positive and negative press coverage, inaccessible candidates, and political advertising.
People in this video
- Compton, Ann Correspondent ABC News->White House
- Fouhy, Edward Executive Director Commission on Presidential Debates
- Hume, Brit Correspondent ABC News->Washington, DC
- Lichter, S. "Bob" Robert Co-Director Center for Media and Public Affairs
- Merriam, John Chairman Conference on Issues and Media
- Squier, Robert Political Consultant Squier-Eskew Communications
Journalism Ethics: What's Gone Wrong?
The panel discussion began with comments by Goulden on the changing standards of journalism ethics. Mears focused…
Ethics: Changing Times & Standards
Professor Lichtenberg focused on journalistic ethics in coverage of the Barney Frank story. Schultz responded to…
Role of Print Media in Election
“Was the campaign coverage fair?” Panelists answered this question as they analyzed the print media’s…
Was Media Coverage of Pres. Campaign Fair?