Media Coverage and Presidential Campaigns
In the last segment of a five-part series, journalists who have covered presidential campaigns discussed how television has changed the images of the candidates.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Batscha President Museum of Television and Radio
- Michael Deaver Deputy Chief of Staff (Former) White House
- Sam Donaldson Correspondent ABC Television
- Jeff Greenfield Analyst ABC Television->Media and Politics
- Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. Professor City University of New York->History
- Lesley Stahl Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
- Jack Valenti President and CEO Motion Picture Association of America
Television Coverage of Presidential Campaigns
In part 4 of a 5-part series, television, radio and newspaper correspondents discussed how television covered…
Television Coverage of National Conventions
In part 3 of a 5-part series, radio, television and newspaper reporters and news executives discussed the effects of…
What Is Different About Television?
Television, newspaper, and radio journalists described the history of television and how television images shape the…
Franklin Roosevelt's Communication Legacy
Panelists examined how U.S. presidents since Roosevelt have used the media to further their political agendas and…