HIV Prevention Marketing Initiative
Secretary Shalala spoke to reporters about halting the spread of HIV with a television advertising campaign that informs watchers about… read more
Secretary Shalala spoke to reporters about halting the spread of HIV with a television advertising campaign that informs watchers about AIDS and condoms. Ms. Lavelle stated that this was a “stepped-up commitment by the federal government” to control risky behavior by young adults. Dr. Satcher discussed reaching a generation at risk and Ms. Stokes commented on the various efforts to reaching young adults with the message about the dangers of HIV and AIDS. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James Curran Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention->AIDS Program
- Kristine Gebbie Director Department of Health and Human Services->National AIDS Program Office
- Avis LaVelle Assistant Secretary Department of Health and Human Services->Public Affairs
- David Satcher M.D. Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Donna E. Shalala Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
- Denise Stokes Educator Outreach, Inc.
U.S. AIDS Policy
Secretary Shalala announced the formation of the National Task Force on AIDS Drug Development. The task force is…
Vice President Gore and Secretary Shalala spoke in a town meeting forum as part of the vice president’s visits to…
New Guidelines for Mammography
The participants discussed new clinical practice guidelines for consumers and providers that are designed to improve…
Tour of Rosemont Child Care Center
Secretary Shalala toured a child care center as she promotes President Clinton’s health care reform plan.