Former Speaker O'Neill Funeral Service
Numerous dignitaries, including former presidents Ford and Carter, attended the funeral mass for former House Speaker Thomas… read more
Numerous dignitaries, including former presidents Ford and Carter, attended the funeral mass for former House Speaker Thomas “Tip” O’Neill. House Rules Committee Chairman Joseph Moakley, also a Massachusetts congressman, delivered a eulogy followed by the former speaker’s son who also delivered a eulogy. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Carroll Monsignor Roman Catholic Church->Archdiocese of Boston
- Jimmy Carter U.S. President (Former) [D] United States
- Robert "Bob" Joseph Dole U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Thomas "Tom" S. Foley U.S. Representative [D] Washington
- Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr. U.S. President (Former) [R] United States
- Albert "Al" Gore Jr. U.S. Vice President United States
- Tipper Gore Spouse Albert "Al" Gore Jr.
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Joseph P. Kennedy II U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Bernard Cardinal Law Cardinal Roman Catholic Church->Boston
- Robert H. Michel U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Joe Moakley U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Rosemary O'Neill Daughter Thomas "Tip" P. O'Neill Jr.
- Thomas P. O'Neill III Lieutenant Governor (Former) Massachusetts
- Thomas "Tip" P. O'Neill Jr. U.S. Representative (Former) [D] Massachusetts
- William "Bill" F. Weld Governor Massachusetts
North American Free Trade Agreement Signing
Three former presidents joined President Clinton and Vice President Gore in a White House ceremony promoting North…
Presidential Medal of Freedom Awards
During an afternoon ceremony in the White House East Room, President Clinton presented the Presidential Medal of…
Rep. Ehlers was sworn in by Speaker Foley as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Bipartisan Leadership Meeting
The President took media questions in the Cabinet Room prior to his bipartisan leadership meeting. Questions…