Trade and Investment in Eastern Europe
Speakers discussed methods of increasing trade and investment in Central and Eastern Europe. Their focus was on actions Western nations can take to capitalize on changes taking place there.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jacqueline Grapin President European Institute
- Bela Kadar Minister Hungary->International Economic Policy
- Heinrich Kolb Representative Germany->Ministry of Finance
- Bernd Scheitterlein Representative Friedrich Naumann Foundation
- Richard Schifter Assistant Secretary Department of State->Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs
Mr. Camdessus discussed international trade and investment strategies. He also examined what the…
Maastricht Treaty and European Unity
French citizens voted “yes” yesterday on the Maastricht Treaty on European…
Economic Impact of NATO Enlargement
The foreign ministers of three nations who will join NATO talked about the economic implications of their membership on…
NATO and Transatlantic Security
Secretary-General Robertson spoke about NATO operations and expansion. He also announced that NATO was prepared to…