Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan Testimony
Secretary Bentsen and Chairman Greenspan testified concerning federal regulators' responsibilities for investigating the actions of failed… read more
Secretary Bentsen and Chairman Greenspan testified concerning federal regulators' responsibilities for investigating the actions of failed Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan. The Madison Trust came under investigation after it was disclosed that President Clinton may have profited from the dissolution of that institution. Senator D’Amato made several very critical statements during the hearing concerning the president’s actions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Roger C. Altman Deputy Secretary (Former) Department of the Treasury
- Lloyd Bentsen Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Jonathan Fiechter Deputy Director Resolution Trust Corporation
- Dietra Ford Executive Director Thrift Depositors Protect. Oversight Bd.
- Alan Greenspan Chair Federal Reserve->Board of Governors
- Andrew Hove Chair (Acting) Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- John F. Kerry U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
Bank Regulatory Agencies
The Senate Banking Committee heard about the Clinton adminsitration’s regorganization plan. Under the…
Banking and Thrift Industries Condition
This was a hearing looking into the condition of the banking and thrift industries.
Thrift Depositor Protection
The committee heard testimony from Secretary Bentsen, Chairman Greenspan, and representatives of financial oversight…
Banking Regulatory Consolidation
Treasury Secretary lloyd bentsen testifies before the Senate Banking Committee to discuss the administration’s…