Superconducting Super Collider Termination
Members discussed the termination of the superconducting super collider in Waxahachie, Texas.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Edward Cumesty Deputy Director Superconducting Super Collider Project O
- Robert Hall Project Director Superconducting Super Collider Project O
- Martha Krebs Director Department of Energy->Office of Energy Research
- Robert Nordhaus General Counsel Department of Energy
- John Peoples Director Superconducting Supercollider Laboratory
- Shelton Smith Chairman Texas Natl. Research Laboratory Cmsn.
- Joe Barton U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Sherwood L. Boehlert U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Frederick "Rick" C. Boucher U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- Eddie Bernice Johnson U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Samuel "Sam" Johnson U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- David Minge U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
Superconducting Super Collider
The C-SPAN School Bus visited the construction site of the Superconducting Super Collider. A video clip was shown…
Federal Cable Regulation
The guests discussed the results of cable regulations which began with legislation in 1992. Representative Barton was…
Federal Funds for University Research
The committee heard testimony on the distribution of federal funds to universities for research projects. The…
Super Collider Funding
Representative Barton, a member of the House Energy and Commerce and the Science, Space and Technology Committees,…