Whitewater and the Media
Members of the media, former governmental officials, and academics discussed media coverage of the Whitewater investigation.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ellen Hume Senior Fellow Annenberg Washington Program
- Mary McGrory Columnist Washington Post
- Alan Murray Bureau Chief Wall Street Journal->Washington Bureau
- Jody Powell Press Secretary (Former) White House
- Stewart Powell Correspondent Hearst Newspapers
- Steven V. Roberts Senior Writer U.S. News and World Report
- Larry J. Sabato Professor University of Virginia->Department of Government and Foreign Affairs
- Marcia Stepanek Chair National Press Foundation->Forum Committee
National Press Awards Dinner
Officers of the National Press Foundation presented the annual journalism awards. The event also became an…
Media Coverage of Clinton Allegations
The guests discussed the recent stories in which Arkansas state troopers report that they took then Governor Bill…
Events in the News
The guests discussed the investigation into the House Post Office. Other issues included campaign finance reform,…
Keeping Presidential Campaigns Clean
Panelists discussed,"Presidential Campaigns: Is It Possible to Keep Them Clean and Relevant?"