Documenting the Black Holocaust
Khalid Muhammad, a former spokesman for the Nation of Islam, spoke to an audience at Howard University. Late last year,… read more
Khalid Muhammad, a former spokesman for the Nation of Islam, spoke to
an audience at Howard University. Late last year, Mr. Muhammad drew
criticism for a speech he delivered at Kean College in New Jersey.
Some considered the remarks he made to be racist and anti-Semitic.
He was later criticized by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
Mr. Muhammad’s speech comes a few days after he visited the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC. A separatist, Mr. Muhammad argued
that enslavement of Africans was equivalent to the Jewish holocaust
in Europe and is a black holocaust.
Before Mr. Muhammad spoke, a number of speakers prayed, sang and
spoke. Many speakers used inflammatory rhetoric. During the final
moments of the event, participants asked the audience to contribute
to the Nation of Islam. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Farez Haadi Member Nation of Islam
- Shareef Abdul Islam President Howard University->Black Law School Student Association
- Leonard Jeffries Chairman City College of New York->African Studies
- Erick Kareem Member Union Temple Baptist Church (Washington, DC)
- Matsmela Mapfumo Member Pan Afrikan Student Union
- Tony Martin Chairman Wellesley College->Black Studies
- Khalid Muhammad Spokesman Nation of Islam
- Oduno Teacher
- T Prophet Member Unity Nation
- Yohann Rakeem Minister Nation of Islam
- Nubian Scholar Member Unity Nation
- Malik Zulu Shabazz President Unity Nation
- Kwesi Sipho Member Umoja Party
Nation of Islam Issues
Khalid Muhammad, a former spokesman for the Nation of Islam, spoke to an audience at Howard University. Late last…
Million Man March Preview (without Muhammed)
Participants talked about the problems facing African-American men and how these relate to the plight of the entire…
Kwame Ture Tribute
Supporters gathered at a fundraising tribute for Kwame Ture, who was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. They…
Southeastern Church Fires
Chairman Berry and others briefed reporters on the commission’s investigation into the burning of several…