School Lunch Programs
A panel of experts met today to discuss reauthorizing the school lunch program with the aim of promoting more healthy nutrition at… read more
A panel of experts met today to discuss reauthorizing the school lunch program with the aim of promoting more healthy nutrition at schools. The Senate Agriculture Committee heard from witnesses representing school groups, the food industry, and health organizations. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Drew Davis Vice President National Soft Drink Association
- James Elliot Principal Thompson High School
- Lisa Hodgson Veteran Vermont->Health Department
- Marilyn Hurt Representative American School Food Service Association
- Rachael Johnson Representative American Dietetic Association
- Ronald Kleinman Chairman American Academy of Pediatrics->Committee on Nutrition
- Carolyn Meiki Director Chicago, IL->High School Food Services
1995 Farm Bill
Committee members heard testimony concerning 1995 farm legislation from food processing and farm interests and various…
Midwest Flood Relief
The witnesses testified about possible federal assistance for flood victims in the Midwest.
Agriculture Secretary Confirmation Part 2
Committee members questioned Mr. Glickman in ten-minute rounds.
Agriculture Secretary Confirmation Part 1
Committee members heard testimony from Mr. Glickman concerning his view on agricultural policy. Each senator…