The committee heard testimony concerning the violation of US export laws by Toshiba Machines and Kongsberg by selling military use machinery to the Soviet Union.
Note: This program is incomplete.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Don Bonker Senior Trade Consultant APCO Worldwide
- John James Duncan Sr. U.S. Representative [R] Tennessee
- Duncan Lee Hunter U.S. Representative [R] California
- Donald "Buz" E. Lukens U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- John G. Rowland U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Philip "Phil" M. Crane U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Thomas J. Downey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- William Eldridge Frenzel U.S. Representative [R] Minnesota
- Sam M. Gibbons U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Donald "Don" J. Pease U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Richard "Dick" Schulze U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
Increasing the Debt Limit
The conferees met to resolve differences between Senate and House-passed versions of H.J.Res. 324, a provision to…
Central American Peace Initiative
The House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on the Central American Peace Initiative. Secretary of State…