Health Care Reform in the Senate Guests discussed the prospects of health care reform legislation in the U.S. Senate. Several Senate staff members provide an overview… read more
Health Care Reform in the Senate Guests discussed the prospects of health care reform legislation in the U.S. Senate. Several Senate staff members provide an overview of the health care debate. Participants included staffers to Senators John Chafee and John Breaux as well as individuals who work for the Senate Finance Committee and the Labor Committee. This discussion is part of a week long forum on health care hosted by the Washington Business Group on Health. close
People in this video
- Laird Burnett Legislative Assistant U.S. Senate->Breaux, J. (D-LA)
- Susan Dentzer Correspondent U.S. News and World Report->Economics
- Christine Ferguson Deputy Chief of Staff U.S. Senate->Chafee, J. (R-RI)
- Ann Marie O'Keefe Representative Advocacy Institute
- Andrew Patzman Adviser U.S. Senate->Kassebaum, N. (R-KS)
- Mary Ella Payne Legislative Assistant U.S. Senate->Rockefeller, J. (D-WV)
State Health Insurance Exchanges
Panelists, including directors of several state health insurance exchanges from around the country, talked about the…
Ms. Weiss spoke about the Clinton administration health care reform goals including universal coverage.
Outside the Beltway: Purchasers
Participants discussed health care reform and the need for multiple health care purchasers.