The panelists discussed the relationship between public attitudes toward the arts and government funding of the arts, especially controversial forms of art, as many debate the meaning of the first ammendment.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jane Alexander Chair National Endowment for the Arts
- Lee C. Bollinger Dean University of Michigan->Law School
- John Frohnmayer Chairman (Former) National Endowment for the Arts
- John Hockenberry Correspondent ABC Television->News
- Stephen Weil Deputy Director Smithsonian Institution->Hirshhorn Museum
- John Wetenhall Director Birmingham, AL->Museum of Art
America's Creative Legacy
The forum participants discussed the National Endowment for the Arts and America’s changing cultural…
President Gerald Ford Museum
The School Bus crew toured the Gerald R. Ford Museum in Grand Rapids. Former President Gerald Ford played football…
Supreme Court Perspective
Justice Thomas spoke about several issues pertaining to the U.S. Supreme Court including the appointment of Justice…
School Financing Reform Town Hall Meeting