Situation on Korean Peninsula
Witnesses testified before the House Foreign Affairs Committee in a roundtable format to asses U.S. foreign policy towards Asia. The discussion focused primarily upon the security situation in the Korean Peninsula.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barshefsky, Charlene Deputy Trade Representative Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Courtis, Ken Vice President Deutsche Bank
- Freeman, Charles Deputy Assistant Department of Commerce
- Hormats, Robert D. Vice Chairman Goldman Sachs
- Lord, Winston Assistant Secretary Department of State->East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Oksenberg, Michael President EastWest Institute
- Platt, Nicholas Representative Asia Society
- Ackerman, Gary U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Berman, Howard L. U.S. Representative [D] California
- Faleomavaega, Eni Congressional Delegate [D] American Samoa
- Gilman, Benjamin Arthur U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Hamilton, Lee H. U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- Hyde, Henry J. U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Lantos, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Representative [D] California
- Rohrabacher, Dana U.S. Representative [R] California
- Smith, Christopher "Chris" H. U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
Middle East Peace Process
Representatives Lantos and Smith discussed recent events in Israel
and New York and the impact events will have on the…
The committee heard testimony concerning relations between the U.S. and Japan.
U.N. Intervention in Somalia
Rep. Lantos and Rohrabacher, both members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, discussed U.S. policy in…
Chinese Forced Labor Exports
The committee heard testimony on Chinese forced labor exports.