Federal Funding of Medical Research
The subcommittee examined a report that claimed that the Scripps Research Institute in California holds patents on technologies without revealing they were funded by taxpayers. They also discussed methods to prevent this from recurring.
People in this video
- Wendy Baldwin Deputy Director National Institutes of Health
- William Beers Senior Vice President Scripps Research Institute
- Douglas Bingham General Counsel Scripps Research Institute
- Michael Davis Professor Cleveland State University->Law School
- Jeffrey Grant Director National Institutes of Health->Office of Extramural Research
- Michael Hill Assistant Inspector General Department of Health and Human Services
- James Packard Love Member Taxpayer Assets Project
- David Pryal Auditor Department of Health and Human Services
Crime and Small Business
Witnesses discussed the increase of crime in small businesses and the ways to tackle the growing problem.
Consequences of Superstores Development
Members of the committee heard testimony from several witnesses on the impact of retail superstores on small businesses.
The Small House Business met to hear about how local casino gambling operations have impacted the area’s economy…
North American Free Trade Agreement
Mr. Dornbusch testified about the North American Free Trade Agreement and the effects the treaty will have on the…