Crime and Small Business
Witnesses discussed the increase of crime in small businesses and the ways to tackle the growing problem.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rosemary Erickson President Athena Research Corporation
- Jere Glover Chief Counsel U.S. Small Business Administration
- Teri Richman Senior Vice President National Assn. of Convenience Stores
- Linda Rosentock Director National Inst.for Occupational Safety and Health
- Mac Collins U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- Floyd H. Flake U.S. Representative [D] New York
- John J. LaFalce U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Jan Meyers U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- William "Bill" Zeliff U.S. Representative [R] New Hampshire
Consequences of Superstores Development
Members of the committee heard testimony from several witnesses on the impact of retail superstores on small businesses.
Federal Prison Industries
Witnesses testified about competition between small businesses and the federal prison labor program. Among the…
Small Businesses and Hurricane Katrina
The House Small Business Committee held a hearing to discuss efforts to rebuild the hurricane-ravaged Gulf…
U.S. Trade Policy and Small Business
Witnesses testified about U.S. trade policy and its impact on small businesses. The committee heard from…