Minority Myths and Stereotypes
Carole Simpson presided over a conference concerning minority journalists and the plight of minorities in that and other fields of endeavor. Three correspondents walked throughout the to get audience members' views the subject.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gary Fife Correspondent National Native News
- Tom Morgan President National Association of Black Journalists
- Carole Simpson Anchor ABC Television->News
- Ray Suarez Talk Show Host National Public Radio
- Arthur Sulzberger Jr. Publisher New York Times
- Tritia Toyota Correspondent KCBS
Political Correctness and the Media
Minority journalists held a series of sessions focusing on a wide range of issues concerning minorities in the newsroom.
U.S. Immigration Policy
Minority journalists spoke about hiring practices in major newspapers throughout the country. They also spoke…
Dorothy Gilliam Interview
Ms. Gilliam, a Washington Post columnist, talked about the historic achievement of the Unity '94 conference, which…
Diane Alverio Interview
Ms. Alverio spoke about her position as president of the organization. She also discussed the Unity '94…