Consequences of Superstores Development
Members of the committee heard testimony from several witnesses on the impact of retail superstores on small businesses.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Morrison Cain Vice President International Mass Retailers Assn.->Legal Affairs
- Lionel Diaz Representative Manufacturers' Agents National Assn.
- Jeffrey L. Fiedler Representative AFL-CIO
- Doug Loescher Officer National Main Street Center
- Tom Muller Economist
- John Rector General Counsel National Association of Retail Druggists
Crime and Small Business
Witnesses discussed the increase of crime in small businesses and the ways to tackle the growing problem.
Federal Prison Industries
Witnesses testified about competition between small businesses and the federal prison labor program. Among the…
Small Businesses and Hurricane Katrina
The House Small Business Committee held a hearing to discuss efforts to rebuild the hurricane-ravaged Gulf…
U.S. Trade Policy and Small Business
Witnesses testified about U.S. trade policy and its impact on small businesses. The committee heard from…