Crime Prevention in Urban Areas
This was a portion the fifth annual conference of the National Association of Resident Management Corporations. In this panel… read more
This was a portion the fifth annual conference of the National Association of Resident Management Corporations. In this panel discussion, participants discussed methods to prevent crime and drug abuse in public housing. Among the methods the group supports is the controversial random searches of public housing by police and so-called “midnight basketball.” The panelists also took questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joseph Carr Clinical Psychologist Reebok Corporation
- Fred Garcia Deputy Director Office of Natl. Drug Control Policy
- Tom Goldson Executive Director Las Vegas, NV->Housing
- Kimi Gray President Kenilworth-Parkside Residential Mgmt. Corp.
- Antonio Harrison Director District of Columbia->Electoral Participants
- Alphonso R. Jackson President and CEO Dallas, TX->Housing
- Sherese Brewington Johnson Officer Connecticut->Corrections
- Yvonne Marrero Chair New Orleans, LA->Cooper Resident Management Corp.
Reducing Crime in America's Major Cities
Mayor Giuliani talked about his theories about why the crime rate had dramatically decreased in New York City. He…
Mr. Moore and Mr. Williams discussed the components of the crime bill that are earmarked for programs…
Mayors on Crime Legislation
Several mayors and other officials talked with reporters about their perspectives on the crime legislation before…
Reclaim Our Youth
Rev. Jackson and several Washington DC community leaders announced a campaign to get parents more involved in…