This was a hearing of a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee looking into wiretapping access. The hearing focused on proposals that require telecommunications providers to include wiretapping capabilities in their networks.
People in this video
- Bart, Daniel President Telecommunications Industry Association
- Berman, Jerry President Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Freeh, Louis J. Director Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Metzger, Richard Deputy Chief Federal Communications Commission
- Neel, Roy President U.S. Telephone Assn
- Reilly, Tom District Attorney Middlesex County, MA
- Wheeler, Tom President Cellular Telecommunications Industry Assn.
- Boucher, Frederick "Rick" C. U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- Fields, Jack M. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Hastert, Dennis U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Markey, Edward J. U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- McMillan, J. Alex U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Moorhead, Carlos J. U.S. Representative [R] California
- Oxley, Michael Garver U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- Wyden, Ronald "Ron" Lee U.S. Representative [D] Oregon
Telecommunications and Law Enforcement
The panelists spoke about the law enforcement’s ability to intercept wireless communication while protecting…
Cellular Telephone Privacy
Committee members heard testimony concerning legislation to make stricter laws against altering electronic equipment,…
Senators Burns and Gore, members of the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, held a joint news…
Future of Telecommunications
Mr. Neel discussed the changes in the telecommunications industry.