The Small House Business met to hear about how local casino gambling operations have impacted the area’s economy and social fabric.
People in this video
- Bloomberg, Jeffry State Attorney Lawrence County, SD
- Franklin, Webster Executive Director Tunica County, Mississippi->Chamber of Commerce
- Goodman, Robert Director U.S. Gambling Study
- Grinols, Earl Professor University of Illinois->Economics
- Lorenz, Valerie Director Compulsive Gambling Center
Our Common Future
Mr. Turner described the evils of business competition that
sometimes limit progress, especially…
Business and Taxation Law Cases
Mr. Barrett described cases of discrimination in hiring, and also cases of federal versus state business…
Recent press reports indicate that the television industry could face ownership changes, particularly when Time Warner…
Consequences of Superstores Development
Members of the committee heard testimony from several witnesses on the impact of retail superstores on small businesses.