Federal Funds for University Research
The committee heard testimony on the distribution of federal funds to universities for research projects. The committee is investigating the impact of unauthorized funding on the ability of the federal government to set research priorities.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carol Aschenbrener Chancellor University of Nebraska->Medical Center
- Joseph Bloom Dean Oregon Health and Science University->Medical School
- Jonathan Cannon Assistant Administrator (Acting) Environmental Protection Agency
- Elizabeth Furse U.S. Representative [D] Oregon
- M.R.C. Greenwood Associate Director White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- William Ihlandfeldt Vice President Northwestern University->Institutional Relations
- Martha Krebs Director Department of Energy->Office of Energy Research
Energy Department Budget Proposal
Committee members heard testimony from Secretary Pena concerning the fiscal year 1998 budget request from the…
Federal Policy on Research and Development
At the 208th annual convention of the American Chemical Society, Mr. Greenwood spoke about federal science and…
Impact of Science on the Future
Committee members heard testimony on the latest advances in science and science’s impact on the future. This…
Superconducting Super Collider Termination
Members discussed the termination of the superconducting super collider in Waxahachie, Texas.