Larry King Roast
Larry King was roasted to benefit the Spina Bifida Association. Mr. Shields presided over the ceremony at which several people spoke, including Leon Panetta, Dick Armey and Donna Shalala and Mr. King himself.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard "Dick" K. Armey U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Larry King Talk Show Host CNN->Larry King Live
- Leon E. Panetta Chief of Staff White House
- Donna E. Shalala Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
- Mark Shields Syndicated Columnist
Tim Russert Roast
Mr. Shields hosted a celebrity roast of Russert to benefit the Spina Bifida Association.
Spina Bifida Roast of Sam Donaldson
Sam Donaldson, of ABC News, was roasted for the Spina Bifida Association of America. Mr. Donaldson is a…
Covering Midterm Elections and Gridlock
Mr. Kalb moderated a discussion of politicians, political strategists and journalists concerning the status of the…
Growing Cynicism Affecting American Politics
Panelists discussed the public cynicism about Congress and the U.S. political process. Topics included the causes…