U.S. Savings Rate and Economic Impact
The participants discussed the declining U.S. savings rate, ways to stimulate more savings, and its impact on the economy. Following their prepared remarks, they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Hale, David Chief Economist Kemper Financial Companies
- Kaptur, Marcia "Marcy" U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Kaufman, Henry President Henry Kaufman and Company
- Kerrey, J. "Robert" Robert U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Lindsey, Lawrence Governor Federal Reserve
- Luntz, Frank I. Political Consultant Luntz and Associates->Republican Party
- Murray, Alan Bureau Chief Wall Street Journal->Washington Bureau
- Rogstad, Barry K. President American Business Conference
- Roth, William V. Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Delaware