U.S. Savings Rate and Economic Impact
The participants discussed the declining U.S. savings rate, ways to stimulate more savings, and its impact on the economy. Following their prepared remarks, they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Hale Chief Economist Kemper Financial Companies
- Marcy Kaptur U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Henry Kaufman President Henry Kaufman and Company
- J. "Robert" Robert Kerrey U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Lawrence Lindsey Governor Federal Reserve
- Frank I. Luntz Political Consultant Luntz and Associates->Republican Party
- Alan Murray Bureau Chief Wall Street Journal->Washington Bureau
- Barry K. Rogstad President American Business Conference
- William V. Roth Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Delaware