Iowa Caucus Preview
In the first segment Ms. Norman explained how the Iowa caucus process works. The caucuses will be held a year from… read more
In the first segment Ms. Norman explained how the Iowa caucus process works. The caucuses will be held a year from today. Aboard the C-SPAN School Bus, Iowa political correspondents Glover and Yepsen discussed 1996 presidential politics and the effects of the recent Quayle and Kemp withdrawals on Republican politics. Carter presidential campaign press secretary Jody Powell reminisced about Iowa politics in 1976. Clips of recent speeches by possible Republican contenders for the presidency were shown. Boote, Robinson and Grubbs described campaign preparations in Iowa for their respective candidates, with Mr. Grubbs participating by remote connection. Mr. Winebrenner talked about his book, The Iowa Precinct Caucuses: The Making of a Media Event. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Boote, Mary Vice Chair Alexander Presidential Campaign->Iowa
- Glover, Mike Correspondent Associated Press->Des Moines Bureau
- Grubbs, Steve Member Dole (E.) Presidential Campaign->Executive Committee
- Robinson, Kayne Manager Gramm Presidential Campaign->Iowa
- Scully, Steven Producer C-SPAN
- Winebrenner, Hugh Professor Drake University
- Yepsen, David Editor Des Moines Register->Politics
A preview of the primary election calendar for 1996 was followed by an interview with Mr. Yepsen. He…
Specter Campaign Interview
Senator Specter was interviewed on his presidential candidacy and on U.S. farm policy.
Iowa Republican Convention
Governor Branstad opened the straw-poll meeting. Then several of the people on the ballot spoke successively…
Year in Review
Iowa journalists discussed 1995 headlines from an Iowa perspective, including the Iowa presidential caucus.