Committee members heard testimony from businessmen, workers, economists and Secretary Reich concerning the impact of raising the minimum wage to $5.15 per hour.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Peter Brandon Professor University of Wisconsin-Madison->Research on Poverty
- Herman Cain President and CEO Godfather's Pizza, Inc.
- Charles Fuller Manager Off Campus Bookstore
- Audrey Tayse Haynes Executive Director National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
- Alan B. Krueger Chief Economist Department of Labor
- James B. Longley Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Maine
- Grant Maloy Owner Gabrielle Growers
- Major R. Owens U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Robert B. Reich Secretary Department of Labor
- Bill Rogers Professor College of William and Mary
- Lowell Taylor Professor Carnegie Mellon University
- Finis Welch Professor Texas A. and M. University (College Station, TX)->Economics
Minimum Wage Issues
Participants spoke with reporters about progress in the minimum wage issue, including the Bond amendment to be offered…
Minimum Wage and Economic Issues
Mr. Reich spoke about the minimum wage and other Clinton administration economic initiatives, including employee…
Minimum Wage Increase Proposal
The participants, who support a boost in the minimum wage, proposed an increase to the minimum wage. They also…
Minimum Wage and Unemployment
Ms. Tyson and Secretary Reich talked about the latest economic figures. The unemployment rate increased to…