Political Cartoons in the 1990s
Five political cartoonists discussed their satirical work and displayed some of their favorite cartoons. After each person made a brief presentation there was a discussion period with the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jeff Danziger Editorial Cartoonist Christian Science Monitor
- Jerry Holbert Editorial Cartoonist Boston Herald
- Etta Hulme Editorial Cartoonist Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Doug Marlette Editorial Cartoonist New York Newsday
- Paul Szep Editorial Cartoonist Boston Globe
Speakers of the House: Conflict and Challenge
Participants discussed the history of the House Speaker’s office and the challenges faced by the Speaker in the…
Several political magazine editors discussed how magazines influence society and politics. After their…
Politics and Entertainment
Barbara Streisand spoke about the artist as an entertainer and citizen. She also spoke about the relationship…
U.S. Foreign Policy
Secretary Christopher spoke about the need for continuing U.S. engagement in world affairs to promote democracy, peace…